FIRE & EMERGENCY SERVICES
MIZORAM : AIZAWL
Headquarters Location : Hunthar Veng, Aizawl
Year of Establishment : 1972
Email address : email@example.com
MOTTO : ‘WE SERVE TO SAVE’
Fire Service in Mizoram emerged from a humble beginning as Aizawl Fire Brigade under Mizoram police control since 1st September 1972. There was no organised Fire Service in Mizoram till 1992 when it was reorganised , upgraded and named as Mizoram Fire Services Organisation w.e.f. 17th August 1992 headed by Superintendent of Police as one of the units of Mizoram Police. It was subsequently renamed as Mizoram Fire & Emergency Services in 2004 to encompass more areas of responsibility of not only Fire fighting alone but also other emergency services.
With the creation of the post of Director, it was delinked from Mizoram Police and established as a separate Directorate under Home Department , Govt of Mizoram since 20th March 2008 having its own governing Acts and Rules. The directorate set up is divided into Administrative Wing and Technical Wing under the direct administrative and operational control of the Director as head of the Department.
Location: Hunthar Veng, Aizawl
VISION AND MISSION :
To increase and raise the level of preventive measures and preparedness so as to minimize loss of life and property from fire hazards as well as from other emergencies and to inculcate fire safety awareness among the general public.
- Enhancing the capacity in terms of manpower and equipments to be able to realize the Vision.
- Strengthening of Fire & Emergency Services as a Service Provider for reaching help to the people in distress, for fire hazards and other emergency purposes in shorter time period.
- Ensuring community and public safety and enriching the members of the profession through education and training for prevention and mitigation of fire hazards.
- To facilitate improvement of public safety through awareness campaigns to the general public.
- To establish Fire stations in all civil sub-divisions and to reduce Fire Response time to 5 – 15 minutes in the state.
- Issue of provisional fire NOC and final fire NOC.
- Service to people for saving life and property and other emergencies by keeping equipments and manpower in Fire stations in readiness round the clock
- Rescuing /helping people in distress during other disasters by all available means &ways .
- Prevention of domestic fire outbreaks with all available equipments and education to general public, school children etc. and by keeping equipments/ Fire tenders in readiness in some vulnerable points/ place / streets.
- Launching Fire Safety Awareness campaigns to general public by displaying banners, posters etc and distribution of pamphlets, booklets, leaflets etc.
- Fire Safety Awareness Campaigns through electronic and print media, radio and television talk show, public concert etc.
- Conducting Fire & Evacuation drills / Mock Drills in Schools, Hospitals, Collages etc as a part of Fire & Emergency safety Awareness campaigns.
- Conducting demonstration with Fire engines, Fire extinguisher etc to public as part of Awareness Campaigns.
- Providing standby protection duty during National days, VVIP/VIP visits, Govt and public functions and gathering.
- Checking/ Audit of Fire fighting equipments installed at govt. and private buildings, public places etc.
List of Officers of F&ES Hqrs, Mizoram, Aizawl
Ph.No & Email
Francis Lalnuntluanga Ralte
Superintendent of Police
Addl. Superintendent of Police
Dy. Superintendent of Police
SANCTIONED STRENGTH, PRESENT STRENGTH AND VACANCY POST UNDER F&ES
NAME OF POST
Steno Grade – II
IV Grade(Group D)
GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL MECHANISM
Name of the responsible officer to handle public grievance in the department/office
Time limit for redress of grievances
1 – 2 weeks
Supdt. of Police, F&ES
1 – 2 weeks
Addl. Supdt of Police, F&ES
1 – 2 weeks
CONTACT NUMBERS :
SP : 0389-2341066
Addl. SP :
Khatla FS -101,